Saturday, November 21, 2009

Television

It seems that I generally hate the entertainment media of today, most productions of today seem to emanate repetition and stupidity. Sure I will admit that I like a good action movie now and then, but the range of what I find "good" has drastically shrunk from when I first started watching movies. Most action movies are just tired old formula movies, it's hard not to fall asleep while watching them.

All the little cliche details of these movies bug me. Like how the hero is always lucky enough to dodge dozens, even hundreds of bullets throughout the entire movie. Regardless of if the henchmen have machine guns firing 10 rounds per second, you can count on them to miss every time. Same thing with those explosions, things are always blowing up yet the hero is lucky enough to never be near them or be hit by falling debris.

I also supremely hate the "college jackass" type movies. Not only are they unfunny, but they perpetuate stereotypes of both men and women. The "men" portrayed within these films- if you can even call them that -care little about anyone or anything besides themselves. The women are the same way except in addition to being superficial, mindless pleasure seekers, they are also sluts. Yes I know the "culture" of media is not created to be realistic, and in some way people shouldn't expect it to be. I know that the people who make these kinds of movies/shows/productions would literally produce anything if they thought it would make them a profit. Nonetheless, that fact doesn't make them any less juvenile and annoying. The stupidity, the stereotypes, the fear mongering,the low standards, the propaganda, and the blatant disregard for any kind of realism all coalesce to form one momentous conglomeration of anserine drivel. Probably why I don't watch much tv.

Vocab-
Emanate: proceed or issue forth, as from a source
Anserine: having or revealing stupidity

No comments:

Post a Comment